Sanat Kumar Das
Sanat Kumar Das
Assistant Professor, Environmental Science Section
PhD: Physical Research Laboratory / Gujarat University, 2011
DST-SERB Ramanujan Fellow at Environmental Sciences Section, Bose Institute, Kolkata, India, 2013 - 2018
Visiting Scientist during July-August 2014, Disaster Prevention Research Institute, Kyoto University, Japan
Visiting Scientist during March 2014, Department of Physics, University of New Brunswick, Canada
Post Doctoral Fellow at Department of Atmospheric Sciences, National Taiwan University, Taiwan, May 2011-August 2013.
Post Doctoral Fellow at National Atmospheric Research Laboratory, Gadanki, India, July 2010 – May 2011.
Scientist at Project Atmospheric Brown Cloud, UNEP Regional
Resource Center for Asia and the Pacific (RRC.AP), Hanimaadhoo, Maldives, Feb
2010 – June 2010
Post Doctoral Fellow at Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad, India, Oct 2008 – Feb 2010.
- Aerosol induced Earth's Radiation budget
- Simulation of Cloud Microphysical Processes
- Satellite Retrieves Aerosol Parameters over the Himalayas
- Antarctic Aerosol effects on Polar Climate Change
Environmental Science Section
P-1/12 C.I.T. Scheme VII-M
Kolkata - 700054, India
- A. Roy, A. Chatterjee, C. Sarkar, Sanat Kumar Das, S. K. Ghosh, S. Raha, "A study on aerosol-cloud condensation nuclei (CCN) activation over eastern Himalaya in India", Atmospheric Research, Volume 189, 1 June 2017, Pages 69-81, ISSN 0169-8095.
- Sanat Kumar Das, A. Chatterjee, , S. K. Ghosh, S. Raha, " An integrated campaign for investigation of winter-time continental haze over Indo-Gangetic Basin and its radiative effects", Science of The Total Environment,533, 15, 370-382, 2015.
- Sanat Kumar Das, A. Chatterjee, , S. K. Ghosh, S. Raha, "Fog-Induced Changes in Optical and Physical Properties of Transported Aerosols over Sundarban, India", Aerosol and Air Quality Research, 2015.
- Sanat Kumar Das, J. P. Chen, M. V. Ratnam and A. Jayaraman, “Investigation of radiative effects of the optically thick dust layer the Indian tropical region”, Ann. Geophys., 31, 647-663, 2013.
- Sanat Kumar Das and A. Jayaraman, “Long-range transportation of Anthropogenic Aerosols over Eastern Coastal Region of India: Investigation of Sources and Impact on Regional Climate Change”, Atmos. Res., 68-83, 2012.
6.Sanat Kumar Das and A. Jayaraman, “Role of Black Carbon in Aerosol Properties and Radiative Forcing over Western India during Premonsoon Period”, Atmos. Res., 102, 320-334, 2011.
7.Sanat Kumar Das, A. Taori and A. Jayaraman, “On the role of dust storms in triggering atmospheric gravity waves observed in the middle atmosphere”, Ann. Geophys., 29, 1647-1654, 2011.
8.Sanat Kumar Das, D. P. Dhobal and N. Juyal, “Variability of Aerosol Optical Depth and recent recessional trend in Dokriani Glacier, Bhagirathi valley, Garhwal Himalaya”, Curr. Sci., 99, 1816-1821, 2010.
9.U. Das, H. S. S. Sinha, S. Sharma, H. Chandra, and Sanat Kumar Das, “Fine Structure of the Low Latitude Mesospheric Turbulence”, J. Geophys. Res., 114, D10111, doi:10.1029/2008JD011307, 2009.
10. Sanat Kumar Das, A. Jayaraman and A. Misra, “Fog induced variations in aerosol optical and physical properties over the Indo-Gangetic Basin and impact to aerosol radiative forcing", Ann. Geophys., 26, 1345-1354, 2008
11.S Ramachandran, R Rengarajan, A Jayaraman, M M Sarin, Sanat Kumar Das, “Aerosol radiative forcing during clear, hazy and foggy conditions over a continental polluted location in north India", J. Geophys. Res. 111. D20214, doi:10.1029/2006JD007142, 2006.
2015-16: SEM II - Electrodynamics II