Sujoy Kumar Das Gupta
Sujoy Kumar Das Gupta
Senior Professor, Microbiology
PhD: Bose Institute/Calcutta University, 1989
Postdoctoral Research Associate at the
Postdoctoral Research Associate , Dept. of
Department of Microbiology
P-1/12 C.I.T. Scheme VII-M
Kolkata - 700054, India
1. Das Gupta, S. K. and Mandal, R.K. (1988). Cloning and Characterization of ribosomal RNA genes of the Catfish Heteropneustes fossilis. Ind. J. Biochem. Biophys. 25: 518-522.
2. Das Gupta, S. K. , Datta, U and Mandal, R.K. (1989 ). Organization and size class homogeneity of rRNA genes of Catfish Heteropneustes fossilis.Ind. J. Biochem. and Biophys. 26: 1-4.
3. Das Gupta, S. K., Shivakumar, C. V. and Das, G.C. (1993). Identification of proteins that bind to the F441 locus of polyoma virus -B enhancer that are required for its activity in Embryonal Carcinoma cells. J. Gen .Virol. 74: 597- 606.
4. Das Gupta, S. K., Bashyam, M. D. and Tyagi, A. K. (1993). Cloning and assessment of mycobacterial promoters by using a plasmid shuttle vector. J. Bacteriol. 175: 5186-5192.
5. Bashyam, M.D., Kaushal, D., Das Gupta, S. K. and Tyagi A. K. (1996) A study of the mycobacterial transcriptional apparatus : Identification of novel features in promoter elements. J. Bacteriol 178: 4847 - 4853.
6.Jain, S., Kaushal, D., Das Gupta, S. K. and Tyagi A. K. (1997). Construction of shuttle vectors for genetic manipulation and molecular analysis of mycobacteria. Gene.190: 37 - 44.
7. Ghosh, C., Nandy, R.K., Das Gupta, S. K., Balakrishna N., Hall, R. H. and Ghose, A.C. (1997). A search for cholera toxin (CT) , Toxin regulated pilus (TCP), the regulatory element ToxR and other virulence factors in Non OI / Non- O139 Vibrio Cholera. Microbial Pathogenesis. 22: 199-208.
8. Das Gupta, S. K, Kaushal, D and Tyagi, A. K. (1998). Expression systems for study of mycobacterial gene regulation and development of recombinant BCG vaccines. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 246: 797-804
9. Ghosh, S., Pal, S., Das Gupta, S. K. and Majumder, S (1998). Lipoarabinomannan induced cytotoxity effects in human mononuclear cells. FEMS Immunology and Medical Microbiology 2: 181-188.
10. Chawla, M., and. Das Gupta, S. K. (1999). Transposition induced instability in E. coli - Mycobacteria shuttle vectors. Plasmid. 41: 135-140.
11.Chatterjee, S., Mahasweta, M and Das Gupta, S. K. (2000). A high yielding mutant of mycobacteriophage L1 and its application as a diagnostic tool. FEMS Microbiol letts. 188: 47 - 53.
12. Tyagi, A. K., Das Gupta, S. K. and Jain, S. (2000). Gene expression: reporter technologies. In Molecular Genetics of Mycobacteria (ed. Hatfull, G. F. and Jacobs, W. R.). ASM press, Washington D. C. p 131-147.
13. Basu, A., Chawla-Sarkar, M., Chakrabarti, S. and Das Gupta, S. K. (2002). Origin binding activity of the mycobacterial plasmid pAL5000 replication protein RepB is stimulated through interactions with host factors and coupled expression of repA. J. Bacteriol. 184: 2204-14.
14. Basu, A., Chakrabarty, S., and Das Gupta, S. K. (2004). Translational coupling to an upstream gene promotes folding of the mycobacterial plasmid pAL5000 replication protein RepB, into an active structure resulting in increased origin binding activity. J. Bacteriol. 186: 335-342.
15. Abhik Saha, Archna Sharma, Amlanjyoti Dhar, Bhabatarak Bhattacharyya, Siddhartha Roy, and Sujoy K. Das Gupta (2005). Antagonists of Hsp16.3, a small molecular weight mycobacterial chaperon and virulence factor, derived from phage-displayed peptide libraries. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 71(11):7334-44
16. Sharma, S., Saha, A., Bhattacharjee, S., Majumdar, S. and Das Gupta S. K. (2006). Specific and randomly derived immunoactive peptide mimotopes of mycobacterial antigens. Clin. Vaccine Immunol. 13 (10): 1143-54.
17. Mandal S, Chaterjee S, Dam B, Roy P, and Das Gupta S K. (2007). The dimeric repressor SoxR binds cooperatively to the promoter(s) regulating expression of the sulfur oxidation (sox) operon of Pseudaminobacter salicylatoxidans KCT001. Microbiology, 153: 80-91.
18. Mitra G, Saha A, Gupta TD, Poddar A, Das KP, Das Gupta SK, Bhattacharyya B. (2007). Chaperone-mediated inhibition of tubulin self-assembly. Proteins. 7, 112-20.
19. Dam B, Mandal S, Ghosh W, Das Gupta S K, and Roy P. (2007). The S4-intermediate pathway for the oxidation of thiosulfate by the chemolithoautotroph Tetrathiobacter kashmirensis and inhibition of tetrathionate oxidation by sulfite. Research in Microbiology, 158: 330-338.
20. Chatterjee S, Basu A, Basu A, Das Gupta SK. (2007) DNA bending in the mycobacterial plasmid pAL5000 origin-RepB complex. J Bacteriol. 189(23):8584-92
21. Das Gupta, T., Bandyopadhyay B. and Das Gupta S. K. (2008) Modulation of DNA-binding activity of Mycobacterium tuberculosis HspR by chaperones. Microbiology ; 154: 484-490.
22. Bhattacharya B., Giri N., Mahasweta M. and Das Gupta, S. K. (2008). Cloning, characterizationand expressionanalysis of nucleotide metabolism-related genes of mycobacteriophage L5. FEMS Microbiology letters 2008, 280(1):64-72.
23. Giri N, Bhowmik P, Bhattacharya B, Mitra M, Das Gupta S. K. Mycobacteriophage D29 gene 65 encodes an early expressed protein that functionsas a structure specific nuclease. J. Bacteriol. (2009), 191, 958-967
24. Dam B, Ghosh W, and Das Gupta S K. (2009) Conjugative Type 4 Secretion System of a novel large plasmid from the chemoautotroph Tetrathiobacter kashmirensis and construction of shuttle vectors for Alcaligenaceae. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 75(13): 4362-4373.
25. Ghosh, W., S. Mallick, and S. K. DasGupta. (2009). Origin of the Sox multienzyme complex system in ancient thermophilic bacteria and coevolution of its constituent proteins. Res Microbiol 160:409-20.
26. Ghosh, W., A. George, A. Agarwal, P. Raj, M. Alam, P. Pyne, and S. K. Das Gupta (2011). Whole-genome shotgun sequencing of the sulfur-oxidizing chemoautotroph Tetrathiobacter kashmirensis. J Bacteriol 193:5553-4.
27. Basu, A., S. Chatterjee, S. Chatterjee, and S. K. Das Gupta. (2012). An Evolutionary link between the mycobacterial plasmid pAL5000 replication protein RepB and Extra Cytoplasmic Function (ECF) family of sigma factors. J Bacteriol. 194: 1331-1341
28. Bandyopadhyay, B., Das Gupta, T., Roy, D., and S. K. Das Gupta. DnaK Dependence of the Mycobacterial Stress-Responsive Regulator HspR Is Mediated through Its Hydrophobic C-Terminal Tail. J. Bacteriol 194, no. 17 (2012): 4688-4697.
30. Kirtania P, Bhattacharya B, Das Gupta SK. (2014). Mycobacteriophage L5Gp56, a novel
member of the NrdH family of redoxins. FEMS Microbiol Lett 357:16-22.
31. Dutta S, Bhawsinghka N, Das Gupta SK. (2014). Gp66, a calcineurin family phosphatase
encoded by mycobacteriophage D29, is a 2', 3' cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase that
negatively regulates phage growth. FEMS Microbiol Lett doi:10.1111/1574-6968.12625.
32. Bhowmik P, Das Gupta SK. (2015). Biochemical Characterization of a Mycobacteriophage
Derived DnaB Ortholog Reveals New Insight into the Evolutionary Origin of DnaB Helicases.
PLoS One 10:e0134762.
33. Samaddar, S., R. K. Grewal, S. Sinha, S. Ghosh, S. Roy, and S. K. Das Gupta. (2016). Dynamics of Mycobacteriophage-Mycobacterial Host Interaction: Evidence for Secondary Mechanisms for Host Lethality. Applied and environmental microbiology 82:124-133.
34. Ghosh, S., S. Samaddar, P. Kirtania, and S. K. Das Gupta. (2016). A DinB Ortholog Enables Mycobacterial Growth under dTTP-Limiting Conditions Induced by the Expression of a Mycobacteriophage-Derived Ribonucleotide Reductase Gene. Journal of bacteriology 198:352-362.
35. Kirtania P, Ghosh S, Bhawsinghka N, Chakladar M, Das Gupta SK. (2016). Vitamin C induced DevR-dependent synchronization of Mycobacterium smegmatis growth and its effect on the proliferation of mycobacteriophage D29. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 363, fnw097.
36. Chatterjee, S., Patra, M. M., Samaddar, S., Basu, A. & Gupta, S. K. D (2017) Mutual interaction enables the mycobacterial plasmid pAL5000 origin binding protein RepB to recruit RepA, the plasmid replicase, to the origin. Microbiology. In press (DOI. 10.1099/mic.0.000447).View More
|Madhu Manti Patra||JRF||Microbiology||Centenary||25693292||madhumantipatra|